Game Design – Week 10 – GTD – Getting Things Done – Part 2

SUMMARY

• My week has been going a bit better then most of the weeks before this. I have had a lot less work this week compared to others. One of the reasons I have had less work is because of that chart the class did last week where we had to priorities certain things we had to do.

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS)

PlayCanvas – Javascript

• I choose to do 15 minutes on the Java script class. I am not sure why but, I really liked the variable system in Java script. It feels very easy.

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

Screenshot from Animated Book Summary And Review at YouTube

You are going to learn to develop your own version of David Allen’s Getting Things Done (GTD) process in this ‘room.’

• The David Allen TED Talk made me think a lot more then all the others and what I have been doing wrong and how I can improve the ways and how i’m doing things on a daily basis.

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED)

Screenshot of David Allen TED Talk
Screenshot of David Allen TED Talk

Examine Two GTD Maps: Basic and Detailed

1. Detailed map by guccio@文房具社 icensed under CC BY-NC 2.0
  2. Basic map from BiggerPlate.com embedded below

GTD-based Trusted System

Image from Trello.com
  • Examine and pick a trusted system from the 4 options listed below to ‘capture’ your work
    • trusted system is your method for managing your tasks in a way that you consistently get things done
  1. Trello.com with a – GTD Template

OUTSIDE (PRODUCTIVITY & THE BRAIN)

• When I was on my walk I was thinking about how this school year has been going so far and what I could have done to improve it for myself and the people around me.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

• What I have learned from using Trello and making my GTD map is that, this is a great way to stay organized and keep calm through all the work that has piled up.