Production Project – Session 3 Team 5

“Chocolate” by John Loo is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

SUMMARY

Role: Sound Design

I my team with the mostly the sound production/ recording, and a bit of editing and directing. I went into this project hoping to make a good film based off the original prompt/ script.

Intention (SMART Goal)

By January 28th as the sound designer I would like to understand how to make better sound effects and how the music can make a scene a lot better. I will use youtube to help understand how to make music and how to use garageband.

To record 3 sources of audio and roomtone.

PRE-PRODUCTION – INQUIRY

Leader(s) in the Field / Exemplary Work(s)

First Leader – Gary Rydstorm: xhttps://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003977/

Gary Rydstorm did sound design and production in many big films

Training Source(s)

“Audio Tips for Filmmaking” by DSLRguide

Project Timeline

Our teams first days on the project we were brainstorming ideas for the story of the film and camera the camera shots. A few days of brainstorming, we had completed our script and made a rough story board. The next week we started using the equipment and started to film.

Proposed Budget

PRODUCTION – ACTION

The (FILM, SOUND, or GAME Creation)

Team 5 video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1egS-V4dRdRcYx0GsO4ONQXY1wF3Xi-tY/view?usp=sharing

Skills Commentary

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1fibauS7vxxpa5-AsaEHgZnHQSlIB-LX6iF5n2ZBSJMI/edit#slide=id.p

POST-PRODUCTION – REFLECTION

21st Century Skills

Ways of Thinking (Creativity, Innovation, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving)

One of the examples of problem solving during our project is when not all of our team was with us to make the film, so I helped out with their roles and tried to get their stuff they needed to get done.

Ways of Working (Communication & Collaboration)

Our team communicated and worked together to complete our film and we all tried our hardest to make the film as good as possible.

Tools for Working (Info & Media Literacy)

The equipment I got to use this session included the shotgun mic, a audio recorder, a quiet room with recording mics, camera with a few different lenses, and a computer for editing.

Ways of Living in the World (Life & Career)

I developed life skills by solving problems with my team and using professional equipment.

Reactions to the Final Version

One of the comments to our film that was for the sound design element, was that the room tone in the background was a good touch, but the voices of the characters could have been louder and clearer.

Self-Evaluation of Final Version

Looking back at the production, I would have tried to make music for the film to add more feeling and less empty noise.

What I Learned and Problems I Solved

I learned how to use the audio recorders, cameras, shotgun mics, studio mics, etc. This session was very helpful for problem solving as well. I think I could have put in a bit more effort into the project.

Grammar and Spelling

Editor

Orion